With the temperatures dropping a little it sure feels like fall is well on its way! Take advantage of this comfy pre-sweater weather to pop on by the Farmers Market and fill your basket with tons of school lunch items and snacks for the littles! Grab dinner at one of our Eat on Site vendors or food trucks, enjoy a nice cuppa and browse our aisles for meal inspirations.
What’s happening at the market this week?
- Roland Kaulfuss Music Stage presents Stringz Aloud
- Have fun in our Mini Farmers Market play area (free)
- Fun crafty craft with Music Box (free)
For information on where our market is located, how to find parking and transit directions visit our Summer FAQ page.
Download the Ultimate Farmers Market Shopping List to help with your meal planning and purchases for the week.
Farm Fresh Produce
- Ripple Creek Organics –swiss chard, kale, beets, kennebec potatoes, zucchini, fresh garlic, leeks, cucumber, baby lettuce mix, eggplant, arugula, specialty mix, cherry tomatoes. (Certified Organic)
- Ossome Acres – kholrabi, german butter potatoes, legacy garlic, zucchini, celery, bulb fennel, cucumber, cilantro, bartlett pears, italian plums, raw walntus, eggs, green curly kale, dino kale, collard greens, swiss chard (Certified Organic)
- Bose & Sons Family Farm – Broccoli, carrot, green kale, celery, zucchini, corn, lettuce (green butter, red butter and green leaf), green pepper, tomatoes, norchip and chieftain potatoes
- Harvest Direct Farms – Peaches, plums, nectarines, apples (McIntosh, Ambrosia & Gala), pears, grapes, nectarines
- Zaklan Heritage Farms – Dahlia, watermelon, cantaloupe, beets, leeks, sweet peppers, tomatoes (slicing, roma), cucumbers, zucchini, onions, beans, carrots, cayenne pepper, jalapeno, eggplant, salad mix, arugula, kale, parsley, cilantro, dandelion, mustards, hazelnuts, garlic, gala & mcintosh apples, bartlett pears
- Snowy Mountain Organics – tree fruits (Certified Organic)
- Country Village Market – frozen blueberries, corn
- Rancho Los Andes – tomatoes
- Your Wildest Foods – foraged mushrooms
- Nutrigreens – microgreens, potatoes, zucchini, cucumber
- RCFM Merchandise Stall – Dried morel and porcini mushrooms
- Rancho Los Andes – expertly made bouquets for you to enjoy
Cheese & Dairy
- Golden Ears Cheesecrafters – Cheddar-Aged Medium, Brie, Jersey Blue, Cultured Butter, Havarti-Aged (Flavoured), Gouda-Aged Medium (Flavoured), Feta (Plain, Cranberry, Garlic Scape), Curds, Neufchatel (Plain, Herb & Garlic), Quark (Plain, Cranberry), Emmental, Velvet Blue
- Greendale Herb & Vine – goats cheese
Beef, Eggs, Poultry and Seafood
- Rockweld Farm – BC SPCA Certified frozen chicken and chicken products including eggs, dog and cat food
- Wild West Coast Seafoods – flash frozen fillets of Rock Sole, Petrale Sole, Rockfish, Ling Cod, Pacific Cod, Sablefish, Chinook/Spring Salmon, Coho Salmon, Sidestripe Shrimp, Halibut, Albacore Tuna Loin.
- Wheelhouse Seafoods – seafood pasta and crab cakes, frozen salmon and spot prawns
- Local Beef & Eggs – wild blackberries, purslane, onions, chives, rhubarb, eggs, kale
- A Bread Affair – breads, baguettes, ciabattas, rolls, scones (Certified Organic)
Gluten Free Breads & Baking
- Delish Gluten Free – bread, scones, muffins, brownies and cookies
- Marie’s Guilt Free Baking – bread, cookies, pizza dough and snacks
- Sweet Thea Cakes – tarts, pies, cookies and cakes
- Feeding Change – decadent raw treats
- Guilt Free Gluttony -guilt free allergen friendly desserts
Coffee & Snacks
- Handworks Coffee Studio – pour over iced coffee
- Gary’s Kettlecorn – kettle corn (traditional and caramel)
Food Trucks & Eat On Site
- Nellie’s Vietnamese Cuisine – fusion of flavours from Vietnam & Vancouver
- Community Pizzeria – fresh made wood-fired pizza
- Wheelhouse Seafoods – salmon burgers
- Country Village Market – yummy pakoras!
Prepared Foods (Pantry Staples)
- BobAli – your favourite dips and spreads
- Sidney’s Smokehouse – locally made jerky
- Chanthorn Orchids and Thai Sauces – curry, pad thai sauces and satai
- Seedibles -all natural seasoning that boost nutrition in meals
- Growing Fresh -granola and raw vegan foods
- Mixers & Elixirs -shrubs perfect for drinking on a summers day
- Ostro Organics – cold pressed oils
- Anne’s Gallery -jams, chutneys and preserves and Spiced Peach Jam!
Health, Beauty & Services
- Scentimental Creations – soaps and personal care products
Jewelry & Artisan Crafts
- Anne’s Gallery – gorgeous sweaters with fun new colours for fall
- Bits & Keys – funky jewelry and fun crosstiches
- New World Felting -beautifully made felted scarves & hats
Wine, Beer & Spirits
- Dragon Mist Distillery – locally made vodka and gin
Special Thanks to our Music Stage Sponsor Roland Kaulfuss:
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.