It’s that time of year when kids, teenagers and adults are heading back to school! Need some great snacks to pack in those lunches? We’ve got your covered. Stock up on these delicious snack ideas from our fantastic vendors:
- Parents like to tuck a Simply Scone or two into their children’s lunch. So easy and so good!
- Visit with James Lewis to get healthy granola bars to keep tummies full til dinnertime.
- Apples are good for teachers as well as kids. Harvest Direct can assist you with all your apple needs.
- Looking for gluten free or nut free treats? Both Delish Gluten Free and Marie’s Guilt Free Baking can help you out.
- Wine from Pacific Breeze Winery to celebrate the return of the school year 😉
- Stock up on farm fresh goodness from all your local farmers!
What’s happening at the market this week?
- Roland Kaulfuss Music Stage presents Jeff Neufeld.
The Friendly Landlord Network is a grass-roots solution to youth homelessness connecting youth from care with safe, affordable rental housing. Rent your suite to a youth leaving foster care and make a difference. Friendly Landlords receive market rent, ongoing tenancy support and monthly on-site check ins.
- Free yoga class from 5:15 to 6:15 sponsored by Diane Haynes Yoga
For the Kids
- Have fun in our Mini Farmers Market play area (free)
- Fun crafty craft with our volunteers (free)
For information on where our market is located, how to find parking and transit directions visit our Summer FAQ page.
Download the Ultimate Farmers Market Shopping List to help with your meal planning and purchases for the week.
Farm Fresh Produce
- Ripple Creek Organics – chard, kale, beets, nugget potatoes, zucchini, brocoli, green onions, green beans, fresh garlic, cabbage, cucumber, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, onions, eggplants, carrots (Certified Organic)
- Ossome Acres – pea shoots, eggs, raw walnuts, parsley, kale, swiss chard, rainbow chard, purple cabbage, broccoli, scallopini, scallions, sunflower shoots, wheat grass, kohlrabi, potatoes, cucumber, artichoke, plum, bartlett pears, zucchini, celery, beets, castile soap (Certified Organic)
- Bose & Sons Family Farm – lettuce greens, carrots, potatoes, green peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, turnips, corn
- Harvest Direct Farms – Peaches, plums, nectarines, apples, pears
- Fresh Quality Produce Ltd – strawberries, blueberries, blackberries zucchinis, nugget potatoes, green beans, wax beans, corn
- Zaklan Heritage Farms – Head lettuce, mini gem head lettuce, radishes (all sorts), salad mix, mustard greens, arugula, swiss chard, kale, baby cucumbers, zucchini, carrots, beans, leeks, potatoes, peppers (hot/sweet), eggplant, roma tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, beets, onions, garlic, flowers, plums.
- Country Village Market – blueberries, strawberries, corn
- Rancho Los Andes – tomatoes
- Nutrigreens – microgreens, potatoes, zucchini, cucumber
- RCFM Merchandise Stall – Dried morel and porcini mushrooms
- Rancho Los Andes – expertly made bouquets for you to enjoy
Cheese & Dairy
- Golden Ears Cheesecrafters – Cheddar-Aged Medium, Brie, Jersey Blue, Cultured Butter, Havarti-Aged (Flavoured), Gouda-Aged Medium (Flavoured), Feta (Plain, Cranberry, Garlic Scape), Curds, Neufchatel (Plain, Herb & Garlic), Quark (Plain, Cranberry), Emmental, Velvet Blue
Beef, Eggs, Poultry and Seafood
- Rockweld Farm – BC SPCA Certified frozen chicken and chicken products including eggs, dog and cat food
- Wild West Coast Seafoods – flash frozen fillets of Rock Sole, Petrale Sole, Rockfish, Ling Cod, Pacific Cod, Sablefish, Chinook/Spring Salmon, Coho Salmon, Sidestripe Shrimp, Halibut, Albacore Tuna Loin.
- Wheelhouse Seafoods – seafood pasta and crab cakes, frozen salmon and spot prawns
- Local Beef & Eggs – wild blackberries, purslane, onions, chives, rhubarb, eggs, kale
- A Bread Affair – breads, baguettes, ciabattas, rolls, scones (Certified Organic)
Gluten Free Breads & Baking
- Delish Gluten Free – bread, scones, muffins, brownies and cookies
- Marie’s Guilt Free Baking – bread, cookies, pizza dough and snacks
- Sweet Thea Cakes – tarts, pies, cookies and cakes
- Feeding Change – decadent raw treats
- Solodko Bakery – Ukrainian bakery with sweet buns
- Simply Scones – traditional English style scones
- Sable Shortbread – tasty yummy specialty shortbread
Coffee & Snacks
- Handworks Coffee Studio – pour over iced coffee
- Gary’s Kettlecorn – kettle corn (traditional and caramel)
Food Trucks & Eat On Site
- Disco Cheetah – Korean fusion tacos and burritos
- Wheelhouse Seafoods – salmon burgers
Prepared Food (Dry Goods & Seasonings)
- The Salt Dispensary – salted caramels, smoked salts and pepper mixes
- James Lewis Foods – granola bars packed full of good stuff
Prepared Foods (Pantry Staples)
- BobAli – your favourite dips and spreads
- Jam Shack Preservery – savoury spreads and jams
- KICS Lemonade Syrup – syrups and salad dressings
- Aji Gourmet – salsas and delicious condiments
- Old Country Perogi – frozen perogies (gluten free and vegan options available)
- Muy Rico – salsas, mayonaise, mole sauces, tortilla chips and corn tortillas
Health, Beauty & Services
- Scentimental Creations – soaps and personal care products
- Purely Clean – an all natural way to clean your home
Jewelry & Artisan Crafts
- Quality Oak Accents – hand crafted cutting boards by Louie
- Bits & Keys – funky jewelry and fun crosstiches
- Lighten Up Jewels – timeless pieces made by Holly
Wine, Beer & Spirits
- Pacific Breeze Winery – wine made here in New West!
Special Thanks to our Music Stage Sponsor Roland Kaulfuss: