It’s our last summer market day of 2016 at Tipperary Park! Please join us from 3pm to 7pm this Thursday to shop from our vendors, some of whom you won’t be seeing until next spring. Thanksgiving Day is on the other side of the weekend and we have all your favourite foods ready to be snapped up to round up your holiday feast!
Did you know? Our winter market is moving! Starting November 5th we’ll be taking over Uptown and closing Belmont Street for our market. You’ll have over 40 vendors to shop from including food trucks and local farms. Take advantage of the easy access to transit and the FREE parking available at Westminster Centre building directly across the street and stop by for our 2nd year on Belmont Street!
The New Westminster Film Society and the Royal City Gogos will be at the market this week to engage you in their community programs!
Driving to the market? FREE PARKING is available on Royal Avenue, Queens Avenue and in the City Hall Parking lot after 4:30pm. There is a parking area in front of City Hall open to market shoppers after 4:30.
What’s happening at the Market?
- Roland Kaulfuss Music Stage presents Timothy Lambert
- Have fun in our Mini Farmers Market play area (free)
- Fun crafty craft with Music Box (free)
- Get a special creation made by Korki the Clown ($)
For information on where our market is located, how to find parking and transit directions visit our Summer FAQ page.
Download the Ultimate Farmers Market Shopping List to help with your meal planning and purchases for the week.
Farm Fresh Produce
- Greendale Herb and Vine – herbs, mini cucumbers, eggplants, greens, sweet red peppers, garlic, apples, heirloom tomatoes, plums, squash, cherry tomatoes, two bite apples
- Ripple Creek Organics –swiss chard, kale, beets, kennebec potatoes, zucchini, fresh garlic, leeks, cucumber, baby lettuce mix, eggplant, arugula, specialty mix, cherry tomatoes. (Certified Organic)
- Ossome Acres – sweet peppers, artisan tomatoes, dragon tongue beans, kale, and rainbow swiss chard, carrots and more (Certified Organic)
- Bose & Sons Family Farm – Broccoli, carrot, green kale, celery, zucchini, corn, lettuce (green butter, red butter and green leaf), green pepper, tomatoes, norchip and chieftain potatoes
- Zaklan Heritage Farms – apples and pears, melons, salad, carrots, spinach, beets, onions, squash, zucchini, radishes, turnips, daikon, beans, tomatoes, mustard greens, kale, chard, napa cabbage, cabbage, flowers, dandilion greens
- Country Village Market – berries, frozen blueberries, corn
- Nutrigreens – microgreens, potatoes, zucchini, cucumber
- RCFM Merchandise Stall – Dried morel and porcini mushrooms
Cheese & Dairy
- Golden Ears Cheesecrafters – Cheddar-Aged Medium, Brie, Jersey Blue, Cultured Butter, Havarti-Aged (Flavoured), Gouda-Aged Medium (Flavoured), Feta (Plain, Cranberry, Garlic Scape), Curds, Neufchatel (Plain, Herb & Garlic), Quark (Plain, Cranberry), Emmental, Velvet Blue
Beef, Eggs, Poultry and Seafood
- Rockweld Farm – BC SPCA Certified frozen chicken and chicken products including eggs, dog and cat food
- Wild West Coast Seafoods – flash frozen fillets of Rock Sole, Petrale Sole, Rockfish, Ling Cod, Pacific Cod, Sablefish, Chinook/Spring Salmon, Coho Salmon, Sidestripe Shrimp, Halibut, Albacore Tuna Loin.
- Wheelhouse Seafoods – seafood pasta and crab cakes, frozen salmon and spot prawns
- Vale Farms – Beef, Chicken, Turkey, Beef Broth, Pork all 100% grass fed (Certified Organic)
- Local Beef & Eggs – purslane, onions, chives, rhubarb, eggs, kale
- A Bread Affair – breads, baguettes, ciabattas, rolls, scones (Certified Organic)
Gluten Free Breads & Baking
- Delish Gluten Free – bread, scones, muffins, brownies and cookies
- Marie’s Guilt Free Baking – bread, cookies, pizza dough and snacks
- Sweet Thea Cakes – tarts, pies, cookies and cakes
- Feeding Change – decadent raw treats
- Gary’s Kettlecorn – kettle corn (traditional and caramel)
- Handworks Coffee – Pour-over iced and warm coffee, hand whisked matcha tea
Food Trucks & Eat On Site
- Meet 2 Eat – food truck serving Middle Eastern inspired food
- Big Red’s Poutine – hand cut fries drizzled in gravy with cheese curds
- Disco Cheetah – Korean fusion tacos and rice bowls
- Wheelhouse Seafoods – salmon burgers
- Country Village Market – yummy pakoras!
Prepared Foods (Pantry Staples)
- Jam Shack Preservery – savoury spreads and jams
- Old Country Pierogi –frozen perogies (gluten free and vegan options available)
- Muy Rico – salsas, mayonaise, mole sauces, tortilla chips and corn tortillas
- BobAli – your favourite dips and spreads
- Growing Fresh -granola and raw vegan foods
Jewelry & Artisan Crafts
- New World Felting -beautifully made felted scarves & hats
- Lighten Up Jewels – timeless pieces made by Holly
- Ildiko Jewelry – handforged sterling silver jewelry
Special Thanks to our Music Stage Sponsor Roland Kaulfuss:
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.