It’s Pride Week in our lovely City! Come by the market to celebrate and recognize our LGBTQ+ community. Wear bright colours, take part in our Pride Pie Contest or buy a slice to support our Pride Society. To view our New West Pride Accessibility Audit click on the link here.
This week our vendors are letting their colours shine:
- Ripple Creek Organic Farm will have a special on Rainbow chard, 2 for $5.00
- Growing Fresh will be making Rainbow Popsicles
- Visit Anne’s Gallery to check out her sweaters of many colours
- Lighten Up Jewels has Rainbow/Chakra bracelets in 3 styles, retailing for $25.00
AND Rainbow/Chakra Lightcatcher/Pendulums also for $25.00!
What’s happening at the market this week?
Pride Pie Contest
Sign up for our Pride Pie Contest to win market money and a pretty shiny ribbon!
Let Tanner take your cares away! Tanner is providing chair massages at the market for $1 a minute.
- Roland Kaulfuss Music Stage presents Norine Braun.
- Free yoga class from 5:15 to 6:15 sponsored by Diane Haynes Yoga
For the Kids
- Have fun in our Mini Farmers Market play area (free)
- Chill out in our Baby/Parent “lounge” on the grass (free)
- Fun crafty craft with Music Box New West (free)
- Get a special creation made by Korki the Clown ($)
For information on where our market is located, how to find parking and transit directions visit our Summer FAQ page.
Download the Ultimate Farmers Market Shopping List to help with your meal planning and purchases for the week.
Farm Fresh Produce
- Greendale Herb and Vine – herbs, mini cucumbers, eggplants, greens, sweet red peppers, garlic, apples, heirloom tomatoes
- Ripple Creek Organics – chard, kale, beets, nugget potatoes, zucchini, brocoli, green onions, green beans, fresh garlic, cabbage, cucumber, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes (Certified Organic)
- Ossome Acres – pea shoots, oak leaf lettuce, eggs, raw walnuts, parsley, green onions, kale, swiss chard, mustard greens, rainbow chard, purple cabbage, broccoli, scallopini, scallions, sunflower shoots, wheat grass, transparent apples, kohlrabi, potatoes, cucumber, castile soap (Certified Organic)
- Bose & Sons Family Farm – lettuce greens, carrots, potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, radish, kale
- Harvest Direct Farms – Cherries, apricots, peaches, plum, apricots, apples
- Fresh Quality Produce Ltd – strawberries, blueberries, blackberries zucchinis, nugget potatoes, green beans, wax beans
- Zaklan Heritage Farms – Cherries, pac choi, Leaf lettuce, head lettuce, mini gem head lettuce, baby beets, hakurei, radishes (all sorts), salad mix, mustard greens, arugula, swiss chard, kale, baby kale, spinach, mint, sage, oregano, thyme, brocoli, napa cabbage, green onions, baby cucumbers, zucchini, fava beans, snap peas, carrots
- Country Village Market – blueberries, strawberries
- Rancho Los Andes – tomatoes
- Nutrigreens – microgreens, potatoes
- RCFM Merchandise Stall – Dried morel and porcini mushrooms
- Rancho Los Andes – expertly made bouquets for you to enjoy
Cheese & Dairy
- Golden Ears Cheesecrafters – Cheddar-Aged Medium, Brie, Jersey Blue, Cultured Butter, Havarti-Aged (Flavoured), Gouda-Aged Medium (Flavoured), Feta (Plain, Cranberry, Garlic Scape), Curds, Neufchatel (Plain, Herb & Garlic), Quark (Plain, Cranberry), Emmental, Velvet Blue
- Greendale Herb & Vine – goats cheese
Beef, Eggs, Poultry and Seafood
- Rockweld Farm – BC SPCA Certified frozen chicken and chicken products including eggs, dog and cat food
- Wild West Coast Seafoods – flash frozen fillets of Rock Sole, Petrale Sole, Rockfish, Ling Cod, Pacific Cod, Sablefish, Chinook/Spring Salmon, Coho Salmon, Sidestripe Shrimp, Halibut, Albacore Tuna Loin.
- Wheelhouse Seafoods – seafood pasta and crab cakes, frozen salmon and spot prawns
- Local Beef & Eggs – wild blackberries, purslane, onions, chives, rhubarb, eggs, kale
- A Bread Affair – breads, baguettes, ciabattas, rolls, scones (Certified Organic)
Gluten Free Breads & Baking
- Delish Gluten Free – bread, scones, muffins, brownies and cookies
- Marie’s Guilt Free Baking – bread, cookies, pizza dough and snacks
- Sweet Thea Cakes – tarts, pies, cookies and cakes
- Guilt Free Gluttony – guilt free allergen friendly desserts
- Feeding Change – raw coconut cakes, ganaches and decadent desserts
Coffee & Snacks
- Handworks Coffee – hot and cold pour over coffee
- Gary’s Kettlecorn – kettle corn (traditional and caramel)
Food Trucks & Eat On Site
- Gypsy Trunk Gourmet Fare – vegan burritos sausages and more!
- D-Original Sausage House – sausages, bratwurst, salamis, pretzel buns
- Country Village Market – delicious pakoras
- Wheelhouse Seafoods – salmon burgers
- Rocky Point Ice Cream – locally made ice cream by the cone or pint
Prepared Food (Dry Goods & Seasonings)
- Greendale Herb & Vine – Nuts (hazelnuts), Muesli, Infused Vinegars, Popcorn Kernels, Herbal Teas, Dried Lavender
- Sidney Smoke House – locally made jerky
- Seedibles – all natural seasoning that boost nutrition in meals
- Growing Fresh – popsicles, granola and raw vegan foods
Prepared Foods (Pantry Staples)
- Anne’s Gallery – jams, chutneys and preserves
- BobAli – hummus, olive tapenades and delicious spreads
- Lilise Applesauce – gourmet applesauce
- The Raw Guy – kale chips and more
- Chanthorn Orchids & Thai Sauces – tasty sauces for authentic Thai dishes
- Old Country Perogi – frozen perogies (gluten free and vegan options available)
Jewelry & Artisan Crafts
- Anne’s Gallery – hand knit Irish sweaters
- Bits & Keys – funky jewelry and fun crosstiches
- Lighten Up Jewels – timeless pieces made by Holly
Wine, Beer & Spirits
- Blind Tiger Winery – Lake Country wines
- Dragon Mist Distillery – locally made vodka and gin
Special Thanks to our Music Stage Sponsor Roland Kaulfuss: