New West Farmers Market Extreme Weather Cancellation Policy
Extreme Weather Includes
- High winds
- Extreme Heat
- Poor air quality
- Heavy snow/freezing rain
- Extreme Cold
Cancellation of a Market day will be done as a last resort and will likely happen due to circumstances out of our control. We will always do our best to provide at least 24 hours notice of any cancellations. However, should an extreme weather warning be issued day of, this may not always be possible. As much as we do not want to cancel a Market, we must ensure the safety of our shoppers, vendors, volunteers, and staff.
Notice of Cancellation
The decision to cancel a market day is made after considering:
- Condition and safety of the site
- Weather forecast in the 24 hours leading up to the market day
- The ability of City Staff to clear the site of snow, ice, fallen branches etc.
- The ability of vendors to travel safely to New Westminster
Vendor Contact in Case of Cancellation
Vendor notice will proceed in the following order:
- Vendors will be notified via email at the moment cancellation is called. An email receipt will be requested. If email is acknowledged, no further correspondence will be given.
- If no email receipt is received, vendors will be contacted by phone.
- Notice of cancellation will be posted on www.newwestfarmers.ca
- Notice will be made on social media platforms: Facebook and Instagram
- Notice will be sent out to New West Farmers Market mailing list.
- If any vendors have not been contacted, a Market representative will be on site at the start of set-up time for one hour to redirect vendors.
Vendors will be issued a refund for any stall fees they have prepaid if a Market day is cancelled due to extreme weather. The Market Manager will contact those vendors affected to arrange a credit or a refund.