Besides blueberries… what are you getting your father this Father’s Day? We’ve asked our vendors to highlight a few of their Dad worthy gift ideas:
- Van Paridon Perennials has a hosta called “Sugar Daddy” perfect for a gardening dad!
- Anne’s Gallery makes beautiful hand knitted Aran sweaters suited for dads who love the outdoors and sitting by a campfire on a cool summer evening.
- New to the Market this week is Blind Tiger Organic Vineyards, take home a bottle of our Bordeaux Blend Speakeasy Red, to go with that steak you’re grilling for Dad this weekend!
- Speaking of the grill Rockweld Chicken, Outwest Ranch, Wild West Coast Seafoods and Wheelhouse Seafoods can help you with any bbq meals for Sunday.
- Anne’s Gallery also has chutneys that pairs well with the above!
- Want something simple that packs a tasty punch? Pick up some Island Jerky from Sidney Smokehouse.
After you’ve done your weekly shopping take some photos and enter our Instagram Contest! There will be 15 weekly winners (selected by our Board) featured on our Instagram and Facebook pages and at the end of the Contest Period, all 15 photos will be posted on our website for public voting. The entry with the most votes will win the Grand Prize: A Gift Basket with $100 of Market Goodies from your favorite vendors.
Want to enter? Visit our contest page for all the details.
What’s happening at the market this week?
- Roland Kaulfuss Music Stage presents Stringz Aloud.
For the Kids
- Have fun in our Mini Farmers Market play area (free)
- Make a Father’s Day craft with The Stage New West (free)
- Face painting with Allyson ($)
For information on where our market is located, how to find parking and transit directions visit our Summer FAQ page.
Download the Ultimate Farmers Market Shopping List to help with your meal planning and purchases for the week.
Farm Fresh Produce
- Greendale Herb and Vine – herbs, mini cucumbers, greens
- Ripple Creek Organics – strawberries, lettuce, spinach, salad mix, plant starts, radish, garlic scapes, chard, kale, nugget potatoes (Certified Organic)
- Ossome Acres – rhubarb, radishes, pea shoots, spinach, arugula, oak leaf lettuce, eggs, raw walnuts (Certified Organic)
- Bose & Sons Family Farm – lettuce greens, carrots
- Harvest Direct Farms – Cherries
- Fresh Quality Produce Ltd – raspberries, strawberries, zucchinis, nugget potatoes, peas, peppers
- Zaklan Heritage Farms – Pac choi, Leaf lettuce, head lettuce, mini gem head lettuce, baby beets, hakurei, radishes (all sorts), salad mix, mustard greens, arugula, swiss chard, kale, baby kale, spinach, mint, sage, oregano, thyme, brocoli, napa cabbage, kohlrabi, green onions
- Country Village Market – strawberries, raspberries
- Nutrigreens – microgreens
- RCFM Merchandise Stall – Dried morel mushrooms
Perennials & Cut Flowers
- Rancho Los Andes – cut flowers
- Van Paridon – shade perennials plants for the garden
Cheese & Dairy
- Golden Ears Cheesecrafters – Cheddar-Aged Medium, Brie, Jersey Blue, Cultured Butter, Havarti-Aged (Flavoured), Gouda-Aged Medium (Flavoured), Feta (Plain, Cranberry, Garlic Scape), Curds, Neufchatel (Plain, Herb & Garlic), Quark (Plain, Cranberry), Emmental, Velvet Blue
- Greendale Herb & Vine – goats cheese
Beef, Eggs, Poultry and Seafood
- Rockweld Farm – BC SPCA Certified frozen chicken and chicken products including eggs, dog and cat food
- Wild West Coast Seafoods – flash frozen fillets of Rock Sole, Petrale Sole, Rockfish, Ling Cod, Pacific Cod, Sablefish, Chinook/Spring Salmon, Coho Salmon, Sidestripe Shrimp, Halibut, Albacore Tuna Loin.
- Wheelhouse Seafoods – seafood pasta and crab cakes, frozen salmon and spot prawns
- Local Beef & Eggs
- A Bread Affair – breads, baguettes, ciabattas, rolls, scones (Certified Organic)
Gluten Free Breads & Baking
- Delish Gluten Free – bread, scones, muffins, brownies and cookies
- Marie’s Guilt Free Baking – bread, cookies, pizza dough and snacks
- Sweet Thea Cakes – tarts, pies, cookies and cakes
- Samaya Delights – turmeric muffins, baklava
- Feeding Change – raw coconut cakes, ganaches and decadent desserts
Coffee & Snacks
- Handworks Coffee Studio – hot pour over coffee
- Gary’s Kettlecorn – kettle corn (traditional and caramel)
Food Trucks & Eat On Site
- The Pepper Pot – fusion of flavours from around the Caribbean & Vancouver
- Cheeses Crust – gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches
- Country Village Market – traditional pakoras
Prepared Food (Dry Goods & Seasonings)
- Greendale Herb & Vine – Nuts (hazelnuts), Muesli, Infused Vinegars, Popcorn Kernels, Herbal Teas, Dried Lavender
- Simply Delish Soups & Salads – dry soup mixes for one pot meals
- Sidney Smoke House – locally made jerky
Prepared Foods (Pantry Staples)
- Anne’s Gallery – jams, chutneys and preserves
- BobAli – hummus, olive tapenades and delicious spreads
- Chanthorn Orchids & Thai Sauces – tasty sauces for authentic Thai dishes
- Muy Rico – salsas, mayonaise, mole sauces, tortilla chips and corn tortillas
- Old Country Perogi – frozen perogies (gluten free and vegan options available)
Health and Beauty
- Blue Rose Soaps – soaps and personal care products
Jewelry & Artisan Crafts
- Anne’s Gallery – hand knit Irish sweaters
- Ildiko Jewelry – handforged sterling silver jewelry
- Bits & Keys – funky jewelry and fun cross stiches
- Lighten Up Jewels – timeless pieces made with love
Wine, Beer & Spirits
- Blind Tiger Winery – Lake Country wines
Special Thanks to our Music Stage Sponsor Roland Kaulfuss: