Last week at the market we were thrilled to see how many of you stopped by the booth to show us your purchase. From a bunch of fresh basil to sacks and sacks of goodies, we were very happy to see you all enjoying the great offerings from the vendors. This week marks the last market in July and also another market right before a long weekend! What are your BC Day plans? Feel free to kick off your long weekend with a trip to the market. We have everything you need to set up for a hassle free weekend – from stuff for the grill to snacks, desserts, nibblies, and gifts for special people you might not get to see very often. We are finally starting to see lots of wonderful fresh produce and we hope all the recipes we’ve been posting are helping.
We’re also excited to announce that in the next few days, our Exclusive Members’ Email Newsletter will debut. Are you a member of the organization yet? If not, consider joining for just $10. Membership gives you privileges such as discounts on our great branded merchandise, special discounts and deals through the Members’ Newsletter and our two Member Appreciation Days (and there just might be one coming up soon!), as well as the satisfaction of knowing you are helping to fund RCFM and our great programs such as the Nutrition Coupon Program. You can sign up at the info table at the north end of any market.
Fresh Sheet July 28:
This week we are pleased that Fiddlestix will be returning to play their amazing and fun selection of fiddle and drum music. We are also excited to have a special guest in our kids area -local business Pretty Up Parties will be on location with a free recycled craft making headbands and hats. You can also purchase some of her handmade kids’ goodies. We are also pleased that the Hyack Festival Association, fresh off their successful FraserFest weekend, will be at our non profit table for this week.
You can reach the market via transit by taking the 106 bus or the Skytrain to Columbia Street Station and walking to the market at 4th and Royal. Parking is available in the neighbourhood or at City Hall’s lot after 4:30. Please respect our neighbours. Our bike rack has temporarily gone missing, but you can drop your bike off to the fine folks at our info desk at the top end of the market.
A list of vendors attending the July 28 market is below, but remember to check back for cancellations and updates! This list is current as of July 28th at 10AM.
Eat On Site
- Samosa Guy – hot vegetarian samosas, as well as frozen take home samosas
- Eli’s Serious Sausage – handmade pork sausages grilled to perfection
- Gogo Java – Coffee, tea, smoothies, juice, and other liquids
- Ovenmonkey Bakery – selling fresh Langos – Hungarian fried flatbread
- Rico n’ Lalo – popsicles made from juice and organic cane sugar
- Rizalina’s Juice – fresh made on site to order vegetable and fruit juice
- Apple Barn Pumpkin Farm – Peppers, tomatoes, apples & pumpkins
- Celyddon Farms – Certified organic produce from Delta
- Felix Farms – Guichon Farms – assorted locally grown produce by Fifth Generation Farmers in Delta
- Forstbauer Family Natural Food Farm – organic produce, eggs, and beef
- Glen Valley Organic Farm – certified organic produce from a farm located only 50km from New Westminster
- Golden West Farms – Okanagan fruit grown in Summerland, many certified organic
- Maan Farms – assorted locally grown produce
- Nature Village Farm – Asian produce, potted herbs, and mushrooms grown in Richmond
- Red Barn Plants and Produce – assorted locally grown produce
- Greendale Herb and Vine – Cheddar cheese, cheese curds, herbs, nut butters and honeycomb
- Little Qualicum Cheeseworks – High quality cheese from Vancouver Island
Meat & Fish
- Outwest Ranches – beef raised locally and fresh eggs
- Port Hardy Seafood – BC caught fish and prawns
- Rockweld Farm – BC frozen chicken and chicken products including eggs
Bread & Baking
- A Bread Affair – Breads
- Blackberry Hill – squares, cinnamon buns, and old fashioned yummies like crisp rice squares
- French Made Baking – French-from-France baking.
- Sweet Thea Cake Company – tarts, pies, cookies, and cakes
Delectable Treats and Prepared Yummies
- Ace Curries To Go – curry sauces
- AJI Gourmet Products – sauces made using aji spice
- Amber’s Choice – soups, salad dressing and cookies
- Anne’s Gallery – Jams, jellies & knitting
- Gary’s Kettlecorn – Kettlecorn
- Gourmet Savories – antipasto and pesto
- Simply Delish Soup Co – layered soup mix, rice pilaf mix, and spice rubs
- Take a Fancy Chocolates and Sweets – handmade chocolates right from scratch
- Alma Valle Fine Silver Jewelry – handcrafted sterling silver original jewelry
- Ildiko Jewelry – hand forged sterling silver jewelry
- Magnetite Jewelry by Gina – magnetite jewelry custom fit
- The Magpie’s Nest – stunning hand made jewelry in silver
- Scentimental Creations – Soaps, lotions, hand made cosmetics