We here at Royal City Farmers Market wish to take a moment to thank all of you who continue to support the market despite the less-than-stellar weather we’ve been having this season so far. We are very appreciative that you continue to come to rainy markets to shop and enjoy. In fact, we’re so pleased our customers continue to come out, this week we are offering the chance to win an RCFM prize pack valued at $58. In it, one of our limited edition ceramic mugs, a t-shirt (we’ll do our best to find your size from within our existing inventory), and a $20 gift certificate to be spent at a future market. In order to be entered into the draw, just stop by the info booth this week on your way home and show us your purchase – everyone who comes to the market this week and buys something is entitled to enter. Consider becoming a member to show your support! Membership has a few perks, including discounted RCFM merchandise and Member Appreciation Days (hint: there is one of those coming up soon!).
So, thank you RCFM shoppers. We’re glad you continue to come out and support local food!
PS: we now have a few umbrellas available for loan at the info desk if you happen to leave your house when it’s sunny but arrive to a downpour. Just ask!
What’s On This Week:
Music, sponsored by The Heritage Grill , will be courtesy of local funksters Redrick Sultan, a market favourite. Our Art in the Park featured artist is Cliff Milne. Don’t forget to stop by the Kids’ Activity Booth, sponsored by Derrick Thornhill and get your face painted by Allyson!
You can reach the market via transit by taking the 106 bus or the Skytrain to Columbia Street Station and walking to the market at 4th and Royal. Parking is available in the neighbourhood or at City Hall’s lot after 4:30. Please respect our neighbours. Our bike rack has temporarily gone missing, but you can drop your bike off to the fine folks at our info desk at the top end of the market.
A list of vendors attending the July 21 market is below, but remember to check back for cancellations and updates!
Eat On Site
- Samosa Guy – hot vegetarian samosas, as well as frozen take home samosas
- Eli’s Serious Sausage – handmade pork sausages grilled to perfection
- Gogo Java – Coffee, tea, smoothies, juice, and other liquids
- Ovenmonkey Bakery – selling fresh Langos – Hungarian fried flatbread
- Apple Barn Pumpkin Farm – Peppers, tomatoes, apples & pumpkins
- Celyddon Farms – Certified organic produce from Delta
- Felix Farms – Guichon Farms – assorted locally grown produce by Fifth Generation Farmers in Delta
- Forstbauer Family Natural Food Farm – organic produce, eggs, and beef
- Glen Valley Organic Farm – certified organic produce from a farm located only 50km from New Westminster
- Golden West Farms – Okanagan fruit grown in Summerland, many certified organic
- Maan Farms – assorted locally grown produce from Abbotsford
- Nature Village Farm – Asian produce, potted herbs, and mushrooms grown in Richmond
- Red Barn Plants and Produce – assorted locally grown produce
- Training Wheels Farm – locally produced on a 2 acre plot in Surrey
- Greendale Herb and Vine – Cheddar cheese, cheese curds, herbs, nut butters and honeycomb
- Little Qualicum Cheeseworks – High quality cheese from Vancouver Island
Meat & Fish
- Outwest Ranches – beef raised locally and fresh eggs
- Port Hardy Seafood – BC caught fish and prawns
- Rockweld Farm – BC frozen chicken and chicken products including eggs
Bread & Baking
- A Bread Affair – Breads
- Blackberry Hill – squares, cinnamon buns, and old fashioned yummies like crisp rice squares
- French Made Baking – French-from-France baking.
- High Crow Gluten Free Foods – celiac friendly gluten free baking
- Sunrise Pita Company – pitas, chips, dips, baklava and and banana bread
- Sweet Thea Cake Company – tarts, pies, cookies, and cakes
Delectable Treats and Prepared Yummies
- AJI Gourmet Products – sauces made using aji spice
- Gary’s Kettlecorn – Kettlecorn
- Maples’ Sugar Shack – maple syrup products
- Momma Nellie’s Goodies – Salsa, crisps, and cranberry jelly
- Simply Delish Soup Co – layered soup mix, rice pilaf mix, and spice rubs
- Black Bamboo Artisans – hand made glazed pottery and knitting
- Elagaince – upcycled vintage spoon bracelets and rings
- Ildiko Jewelry – hand forged sterling silver jewelry
- Kiki Kid’s Wear – hand designed, cut, and made kids clothing with a designer edge
- The Other Eden – cold process soaps scented with essential & fragrance oils, room sprays, body products
- i-Dig Gardening – soil amenders and compost additions
- Secret Garden – cut flowers