This week there are over 40 vendors for you to choose from to pick up amazing ingredients to blend together in a masterpiece of yummy. Produce, fish, meats, breads, sweets, dips, spreads, pasta, dairy, cheese, produce… oh wait? Did we say produce?
If cooking’s not your game- although we prefer the term “food mixologist” because not everything needs to be cooked – then consider the market for a tasty fresh hot snack! Try craft-beer infused smokies from Beer Brats (the Red Racer is a winner), unbelievably tasty bison dogs from Maluma Bison (we recommend the Brie smokie), or delectable hot vegetarian samosas served with a fantastic homemade tamarind chutney from Copeland Foods. If you’re headed down after dinner, come for dessert! Choose traditional baked sweets from Blackberry Hill (our pick: the date squares) or try gluten free baked yummies from Eat It Up – including fresh made GF pies both in mini and regular sizes.
Pair your food finds with one of a kind crafts and artisan products made locally by your neighbours. Don’t miss the Art in the Park open air art gallery and bring a blanket for some down time communing with Mother Nature in gorgeous Tipperary Park.
As always, parking is available for bicycles at a rack at the south end of the market, and for cars on Royal, Queens, and in the City Hall parking lot after 4:30. We offer free drinking water – the nicest tap water this side of heaven – and kids’ activities.
Here’s the fresh sheet for this week:
Vendors This Week : (not all vendors come to every market, so check this list if you’re looking for someone special – they are arranged categorically. Want a complete listing of all the vendors, even the ones not here this week? Here it is!)
Eat On Site
- Beer Brats – Beer. Brats. Brilliant.
- Copeland Foods – hot vegetarian samosas, and frozen meat pies and frozen ready-to-eat dinners
- Gogo Java – Coffee, tea, smoothies, juice, and other liquids
- Maluma Health Foods – Bison hot dogs, bison smokies, bison chili and bison ribs and take home packages too!
- Apple Barn Pumpkin Farm – Peppers, tomatoes, apples & pumpkins
- Canwest Farms – blueberries!
- Celyddon Farms – Certified organic produce from Delta
- Dream Farm Natural Growers – produce grown in Burnaby
- Forstbauer Family Natural Food Farm – organic produce, eggs, and beef
- Glen Valley Organic Farm – certified organic produce from a farm located only 50km from New Westminster
- Maan Farms – assorted locally grown produce
- Misty Mountain Specialties – fresh wild and cultivated mushrooms, dried mushroom products
- Nature Village Farm – Asian produce grown in Richmond
- Red Barn Plants and Produce – assorted locally grown produce, herbs, and perennials
- Greendale Herb and Vine – Cheddar cheese, cheese curds, herbs, nut butters and honeycomb
- Little Qualicum Cheeseworks – High quality cheese from Vancouver Island
Meat & Fish
Bread & Baking
- A Bread Affair – Breads
- Blackberry Hill – Baked Goods
- Eat It Up – Gluten free and no-sugar-added fruit pies, cookies and green tea
- Sunrise Pita Company – pitas, chips, dips, and banana bread
- Ace Curries To Go – curry sauces
- Amber’s Choice – baked madeleines, soups, salad dressing
- Anne’s Gallery – Jams, jellies & knitting
- Bean Boy Creations – Organic hummous
- Con Amore Foods – handmade fresh pasta and vegan spreads and dips
- Gary’s Kettlecorn – Kettlecorn
- JJ’s Country Cookin’ and Diabetic Foods – sugar free jam and many varieties of pickled vegetables
- Jane’s Honey Bees – honey and other bee products
- Jennifer’s Dried Mixes – dried layed soup and baking mixes
- Maples’ Sugar Shack – maple syrup products
- Alma Valle Fine Silver Jewelry – handcrafted sterling silver original jewelry
- Black Bamboo Artisans – hand made glazed pottery and knitting
- Clay With Val – pottery
- Diva Dawg Clothing Company – dog clothing and accessories, altered art bracelets for humans
- Quality Oak Accents – Fine wood creations
- Scentimental Creations – Soaps, lotions, hand made cosmetics