Mark your calendar for April 14, 2011. Canadian Parents for French – New Westminster Chapter is preparing for the 6th Annual Marché français/French Marketplace. Come and experience a bit of French culture at the Marché français. Meet vendors of hard-to-find French resources and interesting French-themed items. Listen to accordion folk dance music from France and Quebec performed by Marian Rose (2:45 pm – 4:45 pm) while enjoying delicious crêpes and maple treats. There will be a children’s activity and craft area, French story time and a raffle. Admission is free. Everyone is welcome!
- Thursday, April 14, 2011, 2:45 pm – 7:30 pm
- École Herbert Spencer School Gym
- 605 Second Street, New Westminster
Some of the vendors at the Marché français 2011:
- French Usborne Books
- L’École des Loisirs – Abonnements MAX – Quality book subscriptions from France
- Savoir Books
- Word Nerd Language and Education Ltd.
- Van Dop Gallery – showcasing French-Canadian artists
- Andrea Seraphim – photography from France
- Bijoux de jardin – garden jewels
- French Greeting Cards – locally made
- Crêperie de Bohème – sweet and savory crêpes
- Maples’ Sugar Shack – traditional le sirope d’erable (maple taffy served on a bed of snow) and maple sugar cones
- CPF- New West – Will be selling 100% Maple Syrup and other maple products from Quebec. As well as resources for parents and students
- Plus many more…
About Canadian Parents for French:
Canadian Parents for French (CPF) is a national network dedicated to the promotion and creation of French second-language learning opportunities for young Canadians.
Merci to SD40 for supporting this event.
For more information call Heidi Clarkson at 604-525-2631