We’ve passed the halfway mark on our winter season and have been so busy this past few weeks! We had our AGM on January 26th and we are pleased to have had an election and voted in a new Board for 2012. We’re working furiously right now to prepare for the upcoming summer season, but we are excited we have a market this Saturday to get ready for as well.
Music this month is market favourite Ron Ulrich. We are happy that the great people from Yoyomama.ca are sponsoring our kids’ area upstairs this month. Don’t miss the ticket and info table from the Naramata Bench Spring Wine Release – an exclusive wine, food, and art event happening in April.
You can reach the market on foot via McInnes Street, Begbie Street or via the overhead walkway from Hyack Square at the foot of 8th Street. There is a bike rack on the south west end of the market. Free parking is available courtesy of the City of New Westminster on the B deck of the downtown waterfront parkade. You can enter it via McKenzie, 6th, or 4th Streets. Park on the B deck, at the southwest end and use the stairs to access Quayside Drive. And pay parking is available to the west and east of River Market for $1.50 for 2 hours.
The market takes place inside (both upstairs and downstairs) and outside (on the patio and on the west end). There are lots of yummy hot food choices as well as amazing handmade crafts, prepared delicacies, and produce – yes! Produce. Here’s what’s in season right now.
Here are the vendors confirmed. Stop by the RCFM info booth if you need help finding a specific vendor’s location. Please note not all vendors come to every market, so to stay up to date, subscribe using www.mymarketsnews.com – we’ll send you a reminder a few days before the market with a list of whose signed up to come.
Also: the first 100 shoppers to pop by the RCFM table get a special flyer with coupons for select vendors.
Here’s who is slated for this Saturday (current as of January 31st):
Eat On Site
- Gina’s Greek Food Catering – delicious Greek food ready to eat
- Re-Up BBQ – southern pulled pork, beef brisket, lemonade, sweet tea, and bacon!
- Samosa Guy – hot vegetarian samosas and pakoras, as well as frozen take home samosas
- Forstbauer Family Natural Food Farm – organic produce, eggs, and beef
- Golden West Farms – Okanagan fruit grown in Summerland, many certified organic
- Greendale Herb and Vine – Cheddar cheese, cheese curds, herbs, nut butters and honeycomb
Meat & Fish
- Outwest Ranches – beef raised locally and fresh eggs
- Port Hardy Seafood – BC caught fish and prawns
- Rockweld Farm – BC frozen chicken and chicken products including eggs
Bread & Baking
- A Bread Affair – Breads
- Blackberry Hill – squares, cinnamon buns, and old fashioned yummies like crisp rice squares
- Sweet Thea Cake Company – tarts, pies, cookies, and cakes
Delectable Treats and Prepared Yummies
- AJI Gourmet Products – sauces made using aji spice
- Anne’s Gallery – Jams, jellies & knitting
- Dundarave Olive Company – unique olive products
- Gary’s Kettlecorn – Kettlecorn
- My Father’s Garden – preserves and seasonal baking
- Momma Nellie’s Goodies – Salsa, crisps, and cranberry jelly
- Simply Delish Soup Co – layered soup mix, rice pilaf mix, and spice rubs
- Take a Fancy Chocolates and Sweets – handmade chocolates right from scratch
- Affera Cosmetics – mineral makeup made in Burnaby
- Amanda McCracken – one of a kind crocheted 3D stuffed toys
- Black Bamboo Artisans – hand made glazed pottery and knitting
- Calido Art Glass – lampworked beads and jewelry
- Hoover Crafted Jewelry – beaded jewelry made in New Westminster
- Ildiko Jewelry – hand forged sterling silver jewelry
- Jolene’s Handmade Soap – cold process soaps coloured with spices
- My Secret Cravings – miniature food inspired polymer clay jewelry
- The Other Eden – cold process soaps scented with essential & fragrance oils, room sprays, body products
- Pretty Up Parties – upcycled and unique craft supplies
- Quality Oak Accents – Fine wood creations