GET ACTIVE MARKET August 13th in Tipperary Park in New Westminster from 3-7. This week’s market is CRAZY STUFFED with things to do to celebrate being active in our fair city: Karate and dance demos and join in classes, yoga, bike tuneups by donation, Family Place Kid Zone, PLUS our usual amazing line up of over 30 vendors selling fresh food, homemade goodies, and handmade crafts. Take time to visit “Art in the Park” while you’re there – our free artist showcase in the park!
- Life drawing with the Heritage Life Drawing Society. Clothed model provided: bring your easel or sketchbook, and pencils/paints!
- Korki the Clown returns for another amazing balloon twisting session
- Art in the Park outdoor art gallery
- New West Cycle offering mini tuneups for your bicycle by donation
- New Westminster Parks and Rec Department blood pressure and BMI testing
- Family Place Active Kid Zone with crafts, games and toys
- Entertainment featuring Jarrad Lajeunesse and his three piece funk band
Join-in Classes and Demonstrations featuring Tashu Shotowa Karate, Ammara Dance Studio, and Bamboo Yoga. Demos will feature the high level you could acheive with practise – join-in classes are suitable for all levels.
- 3:00-3:30 Cuban Salsa Demo and Join-In Class
- 3:30-4:00 Bellydancing Demo and Join-In Class
- 4:00-4:30 Karate Demo and Join-In Class
- 5:00-5:30 Karate Demo and Join-In Class
- 5:30-6:00 Cuban Salsa Demo and Join-In Class
- 6:00-6:30 Bellydancing Demo and Join-In Class
- 6:30-7:15 Yoga Join-In Calming Class
The market is in Tipperary Park from 3-7pm and aside from all these great activities, will feature the usual amazing line up of local vendors with fresh food choices and handicrafts.
Hope to see you there!