We frequently get compliments on the lovely images we’ve used in our materials and on our site – did you know that all of them (as in every! single! one!) are images that volunteer photographers, both professional and amateur, have taken and given us the liberty of using? We feel really lucky because so many people find inspiration for nice photos at the market and we are always delighted when a new email, tweet, or search results in seeing new and pretty pictures – especially if it’s viewing the market in a way we hadn’t considered before. If pictures say a thousand words, we love what you are saying about us.
Here are two images we found recently from Flickr member hudsonny that really float our boat because they are depictions of the market the way we want to be seen – a community gathering place with producers and shoppers who care.
We’re always on the lookout for some new luscious food and market images to use, and 2011 is the year we’ll be working to expand our library. Want to help? Come to the market (winter and summer!), shoot some angles of the market you’re seeing, and tell us about it in one of the following ways:
- Upload to flickr with the tag “rcfm2011” (and feel free to add it to our group)
- Tweet it (Make sure you @nwfarmers and use the hashtag #rcfm2011)
- Email us at marketmanager at rcfm dot ca (we’ll upload it and tweet it ourselves)
With your permission, we’d like to have a copy of the photo in our library for use in our promotional materials and website. You’ll get a special limited edition RCFM button proclaiming you an official volunteer photographer, and better yet, you’ll be entered to win a super duper prize package, which we’ll be drawing at our last market in the Summer 2011 season – October 6th.
What’s in the prize package? I’m glad you asked! UPDATED March 2nd 2011
- A private tasting for 4 to our favourite local New Westminster winery Pacific Breeze Winery, valued at $100
- Tea for two every month for a year at Great Wall Tea Co, located in River Market, valued at $72
- Two annual subscriptions to Edible Vancouver Magazine: be greedy and have two years all for yourself, or be generous and have one for yourself and one for a lucky friend!, valued at $62.72
Check back as we establish other goodies in the prize bag.
A huge thank you to the sponsors who have donated their goods to the contest! Please check out these great local businesses: