The City of New Westminster recently proclaimed it Farmers Market Month in the Royal City. We are absolutely thrilled! We’re kicking off a month of special planning and have some tricks up our sleeves. You’ll have to come and check it out!
Did you know that RCFM offers a kids’ toy area at every market? We have selected a number of creative, free play, safe toys for kids of all ages with the help of toy experts and RCFM business supporter, Pedagogy Toys. These toys are available in the grassy area just east of the market as long as it’s not pouring.
We also offer free drinking water at every market at our info tent at the top of the market – clean, wonderful, New Westminster tap water is free for the taking. We encourage you to bring your own container, but if you forget, we do offer compostable and recyclable BioCups.
This week at the market:
Vendors This Week : (not all vendors come to every market, so check this list if you’re looking for someone special – they are arranged categorically. Want a complete listing of all the vendors, even the ones not here this week? Here it is!)
Eat On Site
- Beer Brats – Beer. Brats. Brilliant.
- Copeland Foods – hot vegetarian samosas, as well as frozen take home meat pies and ready-to-eat dinners
- Gogo Java – Coffee, tea, smoothies, juice, and other liquids
- Maluma Health Foods – Bison hot dogs, bison smokies, bison chili and bison ribs and take home packages too!
- Apple Barn Pumpkin Farm – Peppers, tomatoes, apples & pumpkins
- Canwest Farms – blueberries!
- Celyddon Farms – Certified organic produce from Delta
- Forstbauer Family Natural Food Farm – organic produce, eggs, and beef
- Glen Valley Organic Farm – certified organic produce from a farm located only 50km from New Westminster
- Golden West Nurseries – Okanagan fruit grown in Summerland, many certified organic
- Maan Farms – assorted locally grown produce
- Nature Village Farm – Asian produce grown in Richmond
- Red Barn Plants and Produce – assorted locally grown produce
- Farmhouse Natural Cheeses – cow’s milk cheeses, goat’s milk cheese, goat’s milk yogurt, cow milk butter
- Greendale Herb and Vine – Cheddar cheese, cheese curds, herbs, nut butters and honeycomb
- Little Qualicum Cheeseworks – High quality cheese from Vancouver Island
Meat & Fish
- Gelderman Farms – Pork
- Lamington Heritage Farms – various cuts of lamb, ducks, and eggs
- Outwest Ranches – beef raised locally and fresh eggs
Bread & Baking
- A Bread Affair – Breads
- Blackberry Hill – Baked Goods
- Eat It Up – Gluten free and no-sugar-added fruit pies, cookies and green tea
- Sunrise Pita Company – pitas, chips, dips, and banana bread
- AJI Gourmet Products – sauces made using aji spice
- Amber’s Choice – baked madeleines, soups, salad dressing
- Bamboo Yoga Tea – batch crafted wellness teas prepared locally
- Bean Boy Creations – Organic hummous
- Con Amore Foods – handmade fresh pasta and vegan spreads and dips
- Gary’s Kettlecorn – Kettlecorn
- JJ’s Country Cookin’ and Diabetic Foods – sugar free jam and many varieties of pickled vegetables
- Momma Nellie’s Goodies – Salsa
- Simply Delish Soup Co – layered soup mix, rice pilaf mix, and spice rubs
- Black Bamboo Artisans – hand made glazed pottery and knitting
- Mod Argent – hand forged sterling silver jewelry
- The Other Eden – cold process soaps scented with essential and fragrance oils, room sprays, body products
- Pomomama Designs – wire crochet jewelry and accessories, fused fabric and metal art
- Quality Oak Accents – Fine wood creations
- Trevor Cooper Photography – West Coast themed photographs, matted and ready to frame
- Secret Garden – cut flowers
- Harmony Works Chair Massage – on site chair massage