Since it’s still Farmers Market Month – and is all of August – we’re planning special events at every market to help us celebrate! This week, we’re featuring free cupcakes for the first 100 people to come to the RCFM info booth after the market starts at 3PM. These cupcakes are delicious white vanilla cupcakes made from market regular Blackberry Hill, made with real, fabulous ingredients, a generous serving of love, and a dash of colourful sprinkles. You can pick up your volunteer application or membership form at the same time, as well as lots of information about healthy eating, other local foodie/farmie events, and your copy of the hot-off-the-presses issue of Edible Vancouver (while supplies last).
For kids of all ages, we’re pleased that Allyson our face painter is returning to add a bit of flare to your face (or arm!). She’ll be sharing the spotlight this week with market favourite award winning balloon twister Korki the Clown. Take a break in the kid zone or check out some of the fantastic art in Art in the Park.
Here’s what else is on this week:
Music – now sponsored by our friends at the Heritage Grill:
- Buskings – local boys Joey and Jake churn out some tunes on violin and accordion 3-5pm
- Jeff Huggins – lead singer of local band The Knots supplies some of his solo work on guitar 5-7pm
Vendors This Week : (not all vendors come to every market, so check this list if you’re looking for someone special – they are arranged categorically. Want a complete listing of all the vendors, even the ones not here this week? Here it is!)
Eat On Site
- Copeland Foods – hot vegetarian samosas, as well as frozen take home meat pies and ready-to-eat dinners
- they’re back! Creperie La Boheme – Mouthwatering crepes!
- Gogo Java – Coffee, tea, smoothies, juice, and other liquids
- Maluma Health Foods – Bison hot dogs, bison smokies, bison chili and bison ribs and take home packages too!
- Apple Barn Pumpkin Farm – Peppers, tomatoes, apples & pumpkins
- Canwest Farms – blueberries!
- Celyddon Farms – Certified organic produce from Delta
- Forstbauer Family Natural Food Farm – organic produce, eggs, and beef
- Glen Valley Organic Farm – certified organic produce from a farm located only 50km from New Westminster
- Golden West Nurseries – Okanagan fruit grown in Summerland, many certified organic
- Maan Farms – assorted locally grown produce NEW! This week! Hot roasted corn!
- Nature Village Farm – Asian produce grown in Richmond
- Red Barn Plants and Produce – assorted locally grown produce
- Greendale Herb and Vine – Cheddar cheese, cheese curds, herbs, nut butters and honeycomb
- Little Qualicum Cheeseworks – High quality cheese from Vancouver Island
Meat & Fish
- Fresh Off the Boat – Fresh fish
- Lamington Heritage Farms – frozen cuts of lamb and ducks, plus eggs
- Outwest Ranches – beef raised locally and fresh eggs
Bread & Baking
- A Bread Affair – Breads
- Blackberry Hill – Baked Goods
- Eat It Up – Gluten free and no-sugar-added fruit pies, cookies and green tea
- Sunrise Pita Company – pitas, chips, dips, and banana bread
- AJI Gourmet Products – sauces made using aji spice
- Amber’s Choice – baked madeleines, soups, salad dressing
- Anne’s Gallery – Jams, jellies & knitting
- Bamboo Yoga Tea – batch crafted wellness teas prepared locally
- Bean Boy Creations – Organic hummous
- Con Amore Foods – handmade fresh pasta and vegan spreads and dips
- Gary’s Kettlecorn – Kettlecorn
- JJ’s Country Cookin’ and Diabetic Foods – sugar free jam and many varieties of pickled vegetables
- Maples’ Sugar Shack – maple syrup products
- Black Bamboo Artisans – hand made glazed pottery and knitting
- Diva Dawg Clothing Company – dog clothing and accessories, altered art bracelets for humans
- Lesley and Brenda – assorted knitting, beaded items, and other hand made goods
- Magnetite Jewelry by Gina – magnetite jewelry custom fit
- The Other Eden – cold process soaps scented with essential and fragrance oils, room sprays, body products
- Quality Oak Accents – Fine wood creations
- Secret Garden – cut flowers